Field Agent Canada Privacy Notice
Last updated: September 19, 2011
What Personal Information About Users Does Field Agent Canada Gather
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at the Field Agent Canada website and iPhone app. Here are the types of information we gather.
* Information You Provide: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site , iPhone app or give us in any other way. Specifically, to register with the Field Agent Canada site, you must provide us your name and email. You will also be required to provide other personal information after completion of work such as credit card information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to participate in all work and incorporate some of the application. We use the information that you provide to ensure you receive information specific to you, responding to your requests, customizing the site for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Field Agent Canada site.
* Email Communications: By registering on the Field Agent Canada site, you will receive emails from Field Agent Canada and/or its Affiliates. As a Field Agent Canada site participant, it will be necessary for us to communicate with you to provide essential operational, status and transaction updates as well as notices in connection with your account and other information relevant to your participation and use of the Web site (collectively Core Communications). You may not opt out of such Core Communications, and you agree to receipt of Core Communications via email and/or other communication methods provided by you in your account registration. If we send non-Core Communications such as newsletters we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to them.
Does Field Agent Canada Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We are a subsidiary of 1374878 Alberta Ltd., and we share user information only as described below and with subsidiaries 1374878 Alberta Ltd. controls.
* Consent: By accepting the Field Agent Canada Participation Agreement, you expressly consent to our use of your information as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
* Participants: As a Client or Agent of services through the Field Agent Canada site, we may share certain information in order to facilitate the service relationship and to improve the Web site.
* Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data, processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Promotional Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of Field Agent Canada users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your personal information. If you do not want to receive such offers, we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to them.
* Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy additional services or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user consents otherwise). Also, in the event that Field Agent Canada or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
* Protection of Field Agent and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Participation Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Field Agent Canada, our users, or others. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from users for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Participation Agreement, Notices, and Revisions:
If you choose to visit Field Agent Canada, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Participation Agreement, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the province of Alberta. If you have any concern about privacy at Field Agent Canada, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Participation Agreement will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Use of the Field Agent Canada site is limited to persons and entities that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. It is not intended for use by minors.